Mr. Asay focuses his practice in the areas of employment law, civil rights, public utilities and administrative law. He often lectures on employment and public utility issues. In employment law, Mr. Asay has provided employment advice to employers and individuals on such issues as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Rehabilitation Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other state and federal anti-discrimination laws.
He is a former Judge Advocate for the Wyoming National Guard and has provided legal services to the Army and Air National Guard. Serving in these capacities has given Mr. Asay ample opportunity and significant experience in dealing with personnel practices, employee relations, termination, and a broad range of other legal disciplines.
Mr. Asay began his career as a Staff Attorney for the Wyoming Public Service Commission and served as a Special Assistant Attorney General so is intimately familiar with the Commission’s practice and procedure, and now represents many of Wyoming’s regulated companies in rate making cases and other proceedings before the Commission.
Mr. Asay received his B.S. degree from Brigham Young University and his J.D. from the University of Wyoming. He is a member of the Laramie County Bar Association, Wyoming State Bar Association, American Bar Association (member Utilities section), the Wyoming Trial Lawyers’ Association and other trade associations.
- Wyoming State and Federal Courts
- United States Court of Military Appeals
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- Shoshone and Arapaho Joint Tribal Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Wyoming State Bar Association
- Laramie County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers’ Association
- National Assoc. of School District Attorneys
- Wyoming Assoc. of Natural Gas Utilities
- Wyoming Telecommunications Association