Planning For Your Future
One of the most, if not the most, important skill of an estate planner and the person who will be creating your estate documents is the ability to understand you, the client, and what needs to be done to move you closer to the realization of your goals.
Knowledge of your hopes, fears, dreams and objects of your bounty and the relation of each to the other is essential.
For our first conversation, let`s talk about documents you will need for purposes of estate planning. They include:
- Present Wills
- Personal income tax returns: Last 3 years
- Business tax returns: Last 3 years
- Life, Health and Disability Insurance Policies
- Employment Benefit Plan Descriptions (Profit sharing, 401k)
- Business Buy-Sell Agreements
- Pre or Post Nuptual Agreements and Divorce Decrees
- Trust Documents
- Gift Tax Returns (if any)
- Homeowner`s Policy
- Deeds to Real Estate
In our next conversation, we`ll talk about each one of thesewhy we need it and how it works into your plan.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Gayla K. Austin